FOF Training resources
*** This page is private – that is, there is no link here from the menu. So bookmark it!
This is a few resources for your Cuddle Party facilitation training.
These were recorded at the July 2011 training in Joshua Tree CA.
They are videos – also not listed – so book mark them or return here to find them again. (You won’t find them by searching on YouTube)
1. Responsibilities of a Facilitator: What is facilitation, and what are the key responsibilities? Intro and Overview.
http://youtu.be/ti3flqWwgjs (9 min)
2. What you are not responsible for: Yes, there is one thing!
http://youtu.be/0LrQReOsVmA (4 min)
3. Creating safety: The heart of facilitation is creating a setting that feels safe enough for your participants to explore whatever they came to explore. What is safety and how do you create it?
http://youtu.be/qSypcE1UZAE (28 min)
4. Listening: One of the biggest factors in helping your people feel safe is to help them feel seen and heard – and when they ask a question, to leave them feeling smart as well. How to do that?
http://youtu.be/JyspYJl5t2Y (20 min)
5. Self Care: Boundaries and limits: One of your responsibilities is self care, and the heart of self care is knowing what belongs to you and what doesn’t. Knowing the difference between domain, boundaries and limits, and taking responsibility for yours is crucial to facilitation.
http://youtu.be/JGXPi_H47CA (34 min)
6. Expectations and intentions: It’s inevitable – and right – to have expectations, but knowing what they are makes you less likely to trip over them. Know the difference between expectations and intentions and use them both for what they are meant for.
http://youtu.be/3ulWpHelH6Y (6 min)
7. Integrity and accountability: Inevitably, you will screw up. We talk about an incident from the previous night’s events and what is the right question to ask ourselves.
http://youtu.be/z7AIsALo954 (2 min)
8. Supporting participants through their process: A short Q&A about knowing what to do to help people find their challenges and insights.
http://youtu.be/tqS5W3xj9A8 (9 min)
Videos of the 2010 Cuddle Party Facilitator Gathering in Oakland CA – LOADS of good stuff!