Cuddle Party Rules
The Cuddle Party rules are tried and true, and there’s a logic to them that goes deeper than you might think to create a safe, fun environment for people to connect. At a Cuddle Party event, the first 40 minutes or so includes an explanation of the rules that you can put to use everyday. Intrigued? Come to a Cuddle Party!
And with no further ado…
ARRIVE ON TIME: Once we begin the Welcome Circle and orientation, sorry, we can let no one enter late. This creates comfort and safety by knowing that everyone is on the same page about rules and expectations.
WHAT TO WEAR: Pajamas – nothing too risqué. Think more comfy than sexy. (More drawstrings, less lace! No shorts.)
WHAT TO BRING: Sorry, no liquor folks. Juice or sparkling cider is always welcome. A pillow or stuffed animal if you like. Otherwise, just bring your smiling self.
STICK TO THE RULES:
- Pajamas stay on the whole time.
- You don’t have to cuddle anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as you can.)
- If you’re a yes, say YES. If you’re a no, say NO.
- If you’re a maybe, say NO.
- You are encouraged to change your mind.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get your Cuddle Party Facilitator or the Cuddle Assistant if you have a question or concern or need assistance with anything during the Cuddle Party.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people’s privacy when sharing about Cuddle Parties.
- Keep the Cuddle space tidy
Check out our FAQ to get the low-down on all kinds of stuff. Happy Cuddling!
Consider becoming a certified Cuddle Party Facilitator. The training and certification programs are consistently ranked among the best our participants have ever taken… and they know workshops!